The Advanced UPRT course further expands on the basic UPRT competencies acquired during the initial stages of flight training. It is mandatory before commencing a type rating course, and focuses on the physiological and psychological effects of an upset, developing strategies to mitigate those effects while applying the appropriate recovery techniques. In sum, you will develop the necessary competence and resilience under conditions that cannot be replicated in an FSTD. To minimize the risk associated with potential negative transfer of training, the recovery techniques used during the course are compatible with techniques used for transport category airplanes.
At completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognize and confirm upset situations, including stalls, spins, spiral dives and nose high/low upsets.
- Manage stress response.
- Effectively apply the correct recovery strategy in a timely manner.
- Stay within the defined training envelope.
- Stabilize the flight path after recovery.
- Become competent and confident in recovering from upsets.